Friday, December 12, 2014

12-12-14

12-12-14

Happy Friday!  Hope you all enjoy the weekend, they are becoming very busy!

We had a wonderful day today with a lot of collaboration and good work.  We are getting back to a normal routine and your children know my expectations and are rising to meet those expectations, I am so proud of them.

Monday is comfy clothes day for Mrs. Scheg's homeroom as a good behavior reward!  So proud of how hard they worked to earn this reward:)!

Science and Social Studies tests:  I gave these tests over material that was taught by my substitute.  Not knowing exactly what was covered and to what depth, I went ahead with testing them.  Many did not do as well as they normally do on tests.  So, I will be giving them an opportunity Monday to help this grade with doing correctives.  These will be done in class and will count as a formative assessment.  I know they will do well with these. The tests therefore will come home next week.

Classwork/Lessons today:
Science:  I can synthesize information from non-fiction literature.  
We are almost finished finding out information about energy and will be investigations next week.  Heads up:  after Christmas break we will begin to plan and prepare our science fair projects.  More information will come home then, just wanted to let you know it will be coming:).  Also, after Christmas we will begin our study of the human body, I know the students cannot wait for that, ha ha!

Social Studies: I can compare and contrast de Soto's search for gold with Coronado's search for gold.  We read, took notes and discussed the two.  The students then worked in their table groups to find comparisons and we discussed those as a class.

Religion: I can explain how understanding our past helps us understand ourselves.
In class we read from our textbook about the Jesse Tree.  We then began working on making our own family tree.
Homework: Students will finish their family tree in color and return it Monday.

Library: Finish book due Tuesday
Music: Notes on Edmodo, Test Tuesday
Technology: Code project

Literature/Language Arts: reading logs due next Friday, please turn them in online.

REMINDERS:
**Barnes and Noble Book Fair is Dec. 12th (we earn 20% of any purchase that uses a voucher which you can find in Mrs. Zettel's weekly SMA newsletter email)
**Christmas parties - Dec. 19th (10:45 - 11:45 AM)
**Half-Day of school - Dec. 19th (Dismiss at 12:00 PM)
**Christmas Break - Dec. 22nd - Jan. 2nd (back at school Mon. Jan. 5th, 2015





No comments: