Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 5

8-24-15

Hi, I hope all of you were able to get out and enjoy the weather this past weekend, I know I did:).

Today has been a full day of learning.  We set up our religion notebooks and are beginning our unit about the Bible.  We also discussed another God Wink story and learned that we are God Wink links!

In Science we are beginning our first investigation.  We are learning about the Scientific Method and how to apply it to investigations or experiments.

For social studies we are reviewing some of the land form terms that we will see throughout this year.  There will be a quiz over these terms on Friday, and we will see them throughout the year on summative assessments as well.  Students need to keep these terms in their social studies folder and review throughout the school year.

Homework:

Science: 1 person from each group was chosen to bring in a pair of sandals Wednesday for our investigation

Social Studies: land form terms with definitions and illustrations due Wednesday, quiz on Friday  I have posted the terms in the social studies class for your reference under the documents tab.

Math: Math 1- wrkbk p. 1,
          Math 2 - wrkbk p. 1&2
Everyone SS 4-6 due Wednesday and 7-8 due Friday

Have a great day and see you Tuesday.

Reminders:
Tuesday is Resource day, please wear tennis shoes and PE clothes
Thursday 6:30 is Back to School Night, I am looking forward to seeing all of you!

No comments: