Friday, August 22, 2014

8-22-14

August 22, 2014


It was so nice to see all of you last night at our Back to School Night! I just want to let you know what is ahead in the coming week and keep you informed as much as possible.  Please let me know if you have questions or concerns regarding your child.

We have completed our first full week of school and all has gone well.  Your children seem to have enjoyed the full day of resource classes.  It will take a little adjusting to but so far I think they are enjoying the schedule.  As I continue to get to know your children please let me know if you notice them having any difficulties and I will do the same.

I am enjoying getting to know your children, they each have wonderful gifts that they bring to school each day.  They are caring and want to do well.  I am noticing that they all want to be leaders in some way. Thank you for sharing your children with me.

Garden News:  We will be having a painting party to paint the garden fence.  I would love any help you can give:).  Right now the plan is to begin painting on Saturday September 6 at about 9am.  I realize there are many things happening on weekends.  If you have some time and would like to help I will be here for a few hours!  If you have any paint brushes that you can bring with you that would be wonderful, I will have several as well.  Rain will cancel this paint party!


Next week we will focus on the following skills; in social studies we are studying about the Olmecs, Mound Builders, and the Anasazi in our social studies book.  We are in Chapter 1 of the text book.  Science; we are in Chapter 9 and learning about the structure of Earth.  We will focus on the core, mantle, crust of Earth as well as Earthquakes and Volcanoes.  In religion we are learning about the Bible.  We are focusing on the parts, who the people are, and the different books of the Bible.

I hope you enjoy your weekend and I look forward to working with you this year to give your children the best year yet!

KelleyMrs. Schleg's Blog 8-22-14

No comments: